ZeroAtrium's Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ZeroAtrium, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ZeroAtrium

ZeroAtrium Villager

Hello, I am ZeroAtrium (aka. Zero), and I am a relatively new Minecraft player with no more than six months playing on Minecraft survival servers. I am a well-known player from MapleStory, which I have been actively playing it since 2012.

So far, my game experience with MapleStory were what I would call a decent one, despite of having slowly gained its reputation as a pay-to-win (let alone hack-to-win) game since a game-breaking update a year after I started playing it. I always have seen or heard about chat trolls, but they were never prominent enough to me to become one of the first topics to have in normal conversation until two years of being active in that game. This was partly because of baseless accusations thrown at me by someone who happened to be a friend of some acquaintance who started out nice yet I started to slowly dislike for being a chat troll, and the fact that I was stalked in the game to make an apology to such a person against my will. Those arguments took place in guild chat, so I decided to leave that guild and start a new one from scratch.

The guild that I had was a two-year success. The guild was called Atrium, which I have opened it up with hopes that whoever becomes part of it, you will actually support a community that encourages players to help each other and actually play, not hurt people, not expecting others to kiss up to someone who may not be helping you but rather actually hurting you as if they were gods, and not supporting activities that most players would most likely not support such as scams or harassment of any kind. However, it slowly died out since I have put the wrong person in charge, who happened to be a girl who appeared to be nice at first, but was in reality someone who was emotionally demented and evil to the core just like the other person I mentioned above, only difference being falsely stating her stance against harassment and bullying for months but clearly saying how indifferent she was about all of this at the very last moment. After that, I have stepped down my leadership role and tried several guilds, but six of them in a row did turn out to be guilds that were run by leaders who prefer to avoid conflict that already started and at the expense of even their most loyal guild members, who were as gullible to irrational accusations as the one guild I have rage-quit and kick you out, who were impatient and apathetic enough to a point they can accuse you of bringing up drama for almost anything, and let alone whose base members support or encourage game hacking, exploits, scams, and harassment of any kind. Luckily, my reputation within the game remained near-intact after all the adversity I had to stand up to, plus I already found a guild that I could stay in it for more than 6 months, one that is far better run than the seven last guilds I have tried, one that so far I was not kicked out of it for a random reason nor had an incident within the guild that resulted in a warning directed against me.

Sorry to make my topic about MapleStory a bit too long, but I am pointing out I had nowhere the same luck with Minecraft servers when compared to even my favorite game, at least those labeled as survival multiplayer servers. It was not too long ago since I tried several Minecraft servers to find out some of them either lag too much due to too many plugins installed, they sold in-game currency or ranks that unlocks features most of us would consider pay-to-win such as survival flight (usually at hefty price tags such as $80 or more), had a set of rules that I would deem a bit sketchy, or were empty most of the time. My worst encounter was a server that did share these same issues, but this time I was gullible enough to stick to that server and unlucky enough to have a run-in with a few players who treated everyone else with disrespect but their own people, with two of its staff members, especially the owner himself, banning me out of their server with no possibility of appealing after speaking out. In addition, the owner of my previous server denied my appeal for deeming his decision to ban me as unjust outside of his server's forums, he even encouraged one of his players and one of his staff members to pretend being my friends in order to make me think of myself as guilty for the whole situation against my will but threaten them for playing on a server I have yet not been banned out of if they fail to follow his orders. To make up for the losses, I have tried making my own survival server with the intent of making it one that shares none of these issues if it ever became popular, but I failed, I had no choice but to deactivate it because I already spent months building the spawn area, yet with several tries but little to no success in building something I may have dreamed about.

However, I did log here in Safe Survival once in a while, most likely for the fact that the modern spawn in here follows a simple design, yet still manages to look like there has been a lot of effort behind the design. And I started to log in here more often after many servers that I ended up quitting, after an abusive owner who was more than happy to ban me from his server for personal reasons, and after I have tried making a survival server from scratch with hopes to compete against my past full-time server only to fail several build attempts. And since I considered this server several times, I had to do my own research, and so far I am very convinced. The rules stated are crystal clear, nothing out of the ordinary for an everyday survival server. Also, there are no pay-to-win ranks, and most of the store items including the highest paid rank do not contain items or commands that alter gameplay and are purely of cosmetic nature.

If you wonder what kind of person I am, sorry that I had to leave this part for last, but I had to give some background first to further introduce myself and what makes me who I am. At times, I may have felt deeply infuriated by the actions of all those nasty people, but this is because I know very well you should at least try to be polite to everyone else no matter how well you know them, and I would expect my friends to do the same as failing to do so might not only hurt their reputation, but the image of those around them as well. However, I am quite friendly, I will make no deliberate attempts to betray whatever trust my friends put on me unlike some of those nasty players I ended up meeting every so often, and I will do anything within my power to help whenever there is something that cannot be done alone. Nothing that I do for others or give away is for the sake of attention, I am actually just that way, so this means there is only one condition for me to help anyone and that is I do not offer any help nor give away anything if it comes with promises in advance or payments in the form of any game currency. I also value free will just as much, because making deliberate efforts to make others not being able to think in their own terms is just wrong, and you cannot control others, yet you have the right and (very likely) the willpower to disown any affiliation with the kind that you believe is bent on trying to stick detrimental thoughts down your throat, and overcoming all emotional attachment to a person who might be your enemy and not a friend is more than possible. And above all, I do care about other people's fun or productivity just as much as I care about mine.

Once I get started with my base and everything, I will vote on even the optional vote links every single of these days that I play here, and perhaps even start a YouTube miniseries to share gameplay footage if I start out with a brand new base successfully in the survival world.

See you on the server. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you are enjoying Safe Survival :D

3. Welcome to the new forums! Glad to see you're having a blast on the server c: