[+] TheTrombonist has joined

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TheTrombonist, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Hello, I am a new member. I'm happy to find a server like this to play on. So far it has been excellent.

Yes I play the trombone, I've been playing about 12 years now. In May I wrapped up my bachelor's degree in it. What a terrible time to be a musician. I can't do anything with my degree because playing music with other humans is incredibly dangerous. Luckily I have a fallback - I did a lot of study in information technology in college (got an IT minor) and know a bunch of programming languages. So I'm trying to get a real job. It's tough. Until I get a job, I'm working on projects, practicing trombone, applying for jobs and networking, and chilling out on Minecraft.

I may come off a little antisocial. I haven't played Minecraft since before college and the pandemic has withered my social skills away. I'm also not used to so many rules, especially chat rules (no swearing, no spamming, no being an idiot in general). I have the most fun playing video games when I am being as dumb as possible, so following the rules here is a little hard for me. That being said I am typically nice and friendly during interpersonal conversation. And I'll probably warm up to you all as time goes by.

I expect to be here a while, since I am working on a large building project. It saddens me that you don't have TPA, because my area is extremely far out - near the world border. Your lack of TPA hinders social activity on the server. It dumbfounds me how you can all be okay with not having it. Aren't you all friends who want to play together? Sorry. Rant over.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to meeting more of the community on here. So far you are all very nice. Thanks for putting up with me.

2. Well glad you are enjoying the server so far :) and for me I enjoy the no tp cause it allows me to potentially see other people's builds by walking/ flying that I might not normally see. Anyways I hope you stick around for a long time since the server is really fun and we are all very friendly and welcoming. Soon we will all be your friends :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to the server :) I hope to see you around. In terms of the TPA, the world size is very small (25k radius) - you can fly across it in less than an hour. When you take into account the warps scattered around the map, there are not many places where you're going to be more than 10 minutes away. You may also want to consider building a nether tunnel to the closest warp if you're planning to stick around for a while. Most of us plan our major bases at least partially on transport links.

4. Hi Welcome to the server!

Nice to see a fellow Musician.

These times are hard for me aswell. This year I'm finishing up my bachelors degree Classical Music (French Horn)

Looking forward to see you on the server :)

And for the tpa situation. This server hasn't had tpa since the beginning, It can be a bit of a letdown in the beginning (especially if you're used to having it).
    But once you get an Elytra. it is great fun visiting friends. all over the map. Look for the closest warp or try the rtp untill you get close. and fly from there.

Looking forward to seeing you on the server

5. Also I should mention on the TPA that it was decided by the players, the players voted for no TPA. Also, welcome to the server!

sorry if I sounded rude, haven’t had the best day

6. Thanks everyone for the replies. You all make fair points. I guess I was overreacting about the TPA thing. Minecraft has changed - the last time I played seriously was in 2016, perhaps even earlier. With the addition of elytras and the boats on ice, I think the tpa thing is less of an issue. To be honest, I still have yet to use an elytra. But let me tell you, I was exploring yesterday and was amazed at your infrastructure. You have really found great ways to conquer this no-tpa thing!