SwiftPaint's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Swiftpaint, May 26, 2020.

1. In-game Name: SwiftPaint

Current Rank: M/ Mythical

Timezone: PST (Pacific Standard Time)

What time(s) of day do you normally play: Pretty much all throughout the day, but currently ive been playing more in the afternoon more than in the morning! I also have no trouble staying on during dead hours too, because dead hours are best hours <3

Past Mod Experience: I modded for another server not too long ago for a short while, so I am familiar with the basics.

What do you like or dislike about the server?: Lets go with what I love first!
    I love the community, sure it has some flaws here and there but overall people are just so welcoming. As someone who has been on here for years, I've seen the community and the people within it change. Sometimes for the worse but for the most part, I've seen it and the people within it change for the better. Another thing that I love is the staff team, and this isn't coming off personal bias because I am friends with some of the staff either. The staff team, and the event staff, work their tails off to make sure that our community is safe and the server is enjoyable to play on. They take valuable time out of their day to make sure that the server is clean from people who break the rules. Massive kudos to them. The server's event staff really does also make sure that events run smoothly and happen regularly, and seeing them host and do the things they do is so cool! Seeing a server like this grow and change is such a fascinating thing, even if some people that we know and love aren't playing with us anymore. (which I will be honest and say that I do really genuinely miss a lot of the older players that don't play with us anymore.) One last thing that I love is how we are able to just build by each other and see each others builds come to life. Like how within just a month, you already see people build such cool things, and I admire that! That no matter how many resets that we have gone through, people are able to pick themselves back up off their feet and just build!

But, we all know the server isn't perfect, either. Not to dwell on the negatives, but there has been some pretty big flaws in the server both recent and in the past that has effected that reputation of the server. Things like the community sometimes being toxic, and the server itself not performing well enough to even be playable. But that's ok, because I know that in the end it gets fixed, and I know this part was suppose to be my dislikes, but its hard to give a negative that kind of attention without turning around and saying that we have some great people that were able to take care of these problems within a reasonable amount of time. There are a few issues I have with a few of the plugins , though. And I know that other people have taken notice of it, too. Some of these plugins, and I'm not sure which ones, have been effecting some things like mob spawn rates, chunk loading issues when doing /home to unloaded chunks, things like that. And I am aware that they are minor things, but after a while they tend to stick out. And one last thing, I'm a bit bothered that there usually isn't someone available at dead hours to get on. There have been a few times when someone was causing trouble and there wasn't someone online to take care of it, and It would take ages for someone to get online and take care of it.

Other Comments: I couldn't thank you guys enough for liking the things that I create for the server, especially when it came to redrawing the logo and the banner. It was such a great opportunity for me and I just love being able to do stuff like that once in a while <3

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Congrats!

• Friendly Friendly x 1