Safe Survival 1.16 Plans (and Nether reset)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Shazepe, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Shazepe

Shazepe Admin Admin

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, version 1.16 has been released today! We currently have no estimate of when the server will update to 1.16, but we wanted to inform players of what is happening for the release.

The most important change, is due to the fact that 1.16 has many changes for the nether. We will be resetting the current Nether world entirely. The main world and the end will NOT be reset. We will have no way to restore any valuables lost in the nether if they are not moved. We are also planning a main border expansion and end expansion - another post with more details will be made at a later time.

Your client has likely updated to 1.16 and you will need to change back to version 1.15.2 to access the server. If you do not know how to do this, please consult the guide:
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360034754852-Changing-game-versions-

The time of the server update to 1.16 will depend on how soon it becomes stable and when all of the plugins are updated and working correctly.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Alsandair

Alsandair Villager

Thanks for the update Shaz, just curious but will the Mythical unbreakable tools be updated to Netherite? (or whatever the new material is called)

3. You should be able to update it in the smithing table with a netherite ingot with no issue, i'm pretty sure it doesn't touch nbt tags, same as the new grindstone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alsandair

Alsandair Villager

Ah, interesting. Thank you sir!

5. Yep :)

6. BIG_CLARKY

BIG_CLARKY Villager

So are Nether claims going to be reset as well?

7. Demxn

Demxn Villager

Are the claim blocks going to be returned from Nether claims? Since the nether is being reset. Also are the nether warp coordinates going to be different? Because Mega Market might have to set up a nether warp path there if not.

8. Enelis

Enelis Event Staff Event Staff

A complete reset of the nether includes a reset of all data, I'm pretty sure. Therefore I'm 99% sure that the claims will be removed.

If you are worried about claim blocks disappearing, I would unclaim any claims in the nether prior to the update to be safe. More info will be coming in terms of the time of the update in time, so keep an eye out for it.

I have not heard any news about the coordinates of Nether Warp.

9. I belive xisumavoid has a video on how to reset the nether

10. andy

andy Villager

Are the border expansions going to happen together with the 1.16 update later or are they two separate things?

11. Sounds good, Shaz!

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Im watching deep cover rn poggers

13. I haven't built in the nether at all haha

14. Looking forward to the nether reset! Can't wait to see all of the 1.16 goodies to collect :D

15. Do we have any further information about the claims and sethomes we have now and if they’ll survive the reset?

Also will the nether warp be in the same place or will we get nether biome based warps now?

Last question, we will get an exact time for the update once the sever is ready to update?

16. doubex1

doubex1 Moderator Moderator

Pretty sure Shaz has a way to remove all claims since it logs it by world. When you do /claimlist it will say world or world_nether or end. I think it logs the same thing for homesets so they can all be removed in specific worlds. Dont quote me just an assumption.

17. Thank you Shaz for the update. SO, glad to know ahead of a nether reset.