Return of Secret Billy...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 4L0, Apr 18, 2022.

1. 4L0

4L0 Villager

Last map there where items from Secret Billy that you could only obtain from him. If you knew where he was you could buy items from him and resell them.

My idea involves a Daily Secret Billy using command blocks. There would be Spots around spawn (say about 20) and after server restart the Billy location would be in one of the spots @ random.

If possible having him have a large pool of trades (say 25 different trades) and giving the billy 2/3 (or even 1) trades at a time to keep the rarity of these items good.

I belive this is all possible with command blocks

If not daily this could be Weekly or even monthly. Less often would mean it could be manual if you cant spawn them in.

Thanks

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Not a bad idea. But daily would be too much I think. Weekly or Bi-weekly, yes.

3. This idea is reminiscent of Sneaky from Grimwood Mansion LOL! I love this idea, but here's what I would change.

1. Don't even TELL us how often it changes or when. If they're transparent with any of these details, it'd be much easier for us to just do a daily check of these 20 locations.
    2. In regard to the loot table, keep a base set of trades that occur every time the billy moves. Say, for example, the old infested stone trade or dragon egg trade. BUT, have a random pool of trades that offer PAST items that could be obtainable from monthly billies or other sources. Similar to a wandering trader.

Why? We have 1 excellent example at the moment of this. The jester stick. It's become an incredibly popular item on the server. So much so, it would actually suck to lose at the end of April. It's useful for minigames (Boat Hockey coming soon!), pvp (Sumo, getting people away from you, etc.), and just in general fooling around with mobs. Another is the salmon -> sponge trade. Again, something incredibly uncommon from this new villager, but offers players a new, albeit short-timed chance to regain some of these old items. I would love to see a rare chance for old trades such as this to become accessible in rare instances.

Thanks for reading :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. This might be a controversial opinion, but I think niche, rare items (say like the Yukon's pick of last map or Jester's stick this map) are more fun when there is a finite supply of them. I think making these items obtainable indefinitely devalues some of the fun of collecting them, but I still like your first point!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1