Nether News

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Dr_Positive, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Dr_Positive

Dr_Positive Timeless Moderator

Hey all,

On behalf of the staff team and in light of the release of the recent snapshot I would like to give you an update on the future of the nether. As you have probably guessed, due to the extent of this coming update we will, unfortunately, have to reset the nether. It is all for good reason though, as through this reset you will have more ready access to the new materials, mobs, and biomes.

We are still many months off of the update (Mojang is only on the first snapshot), so you will have plenty of time to remove any builds, claims, or materials from the nether. We are giving you this forewarning right away, so you know to plan accordingly in the coming months.

Regards,
    ~Staff

P.S. This is just a nether reset NOT a server reset

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. Thank you a ton for the heads up doc, I was about to start my nether base. If I didn’t know that I’d lose the base

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have a pretty big claim in the nether to start migrating. Hopefully we get a 2 week or so heads up

4. Amrou Kithkin

Amrou Kithkin The Dread Pirate Moderator

When Mojang releases 1.16 to the public I would consider that your warning to have all your valuables removed from the nether. We could update anytime after that. So if you have a lot to move I would start sooner than later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thank goodness I only use the nether to build highways lol

6. Stakar

Stakar Veteran

what's a nether

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. So this reset will also remove claims? I seem to remember when the end reset was discussed claims and sethomes would have remained. That would be good for people with long nether tunnels.

8. Wonder if this reset will fix the portal issues or only make it worse.

9. sStari

sStari Veteran

I think the portals were fixed when we updated to 1.15

10. Sweet! Looking forward to exploring the new nether and playing around with new items :D

11. Dr_Positive

Dr_Positive Timeless Moderator

The ideal goal of the reset would be a complete clean slate, claims and sethomes included. I am not sure if the backend of the plugins allow for this though, so we'll have to cross that road when we get there.

12. It would be rather strange, I think, if people kept their claims, because the nether will be a whole new thing (biomes! in the nether!) so whatever you had a claim around won't be the same anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I Legit Cant Wait For 1.16 To Come..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. doubex1

doubex1 Moderator Moderator

This is your heads up, haha but the release of 1.16 will probably happen in a few months, so my best guess is 4-6 months in total.