Miruku - My POV of Safe Survival

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Miruku, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Miruku

Miruku Villager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------
    | Setup |
    --------
    This isn't a post about tech hardware. But rather what I am using to benefit visually in Minecraft. I am currently using 3 plugins (plugins as a general term that includes resource packs, and so forth as just one entity).

Optifine 1.16.4 Ultra HD
    Invictus 6.0.0
    Dramatic Sky 1.16+
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's my introduction topic >> clicky << It's nothing special. I think you'll really get to know me more from this documentation than the actual introduction post. I'll separate everything into categories so you can read whatever you want to. Also, I like to center text :D.
    ----------------
    | Safe Survival |
    ----------------
    There's a lot I don't quite understand about this server & yet it's almost kind of straight forward. Hopping into it I realized it's such an engaging atmosphere to be able to hop in with my limited Minecraft knowledge & only a few days later have tremendous growth upon me, despite being a dirty casual. Something about Minecraft servers nowadays that sets you apart forcibly from the community is how much time you can invest per day. While others can play a lot longer than you can, growth, expansion, or just overall building or getting things done highly revolves around how much time you can invest overall. And for some people, that's not a lot. I typically end up playing solo. What I can accomplish differ immensely from others, but it's not just the time invested that's a factor to my solo play, it's just knowledge & skill too.

But there's something special about Minecraft that never changes when you jump into different multiplayer servers or even dive into your own generated single player worlds, and it's the Minecraft knowledge as a whole. It's that very knowledge that allows you to jump server to server & start entirely new but still come back to that familiarity that you're so used to doing. From that tree you pummel down, to building new tools, and upgrading. Picking a place for your own home, or building a temporary solution, and so forth. This concept doesn't change server to server. But how you go about doing it, usually does.
    ---------
    | Spawn |
    ---------
    Spawn is beautiful. It's easy to navigate. It's full of people that come & go. It's a good central hub that you're always going to find yourself coming back to for multiple reasons, which I'll explain as we go. Here's a snippet of Spawn from the get-go.

[​IMG]

You're probably asking yourself. I don't really see anything. Well that's not the point... You'll have to see it for yourself to truly see what I see as the images don't give it the justice that it deserves. I also would like to add that I am using three plugins. I included these above for convenience. Simple. Straight forward. It doesn't hurt you at all to Vote, or to Donate, and if you're someone craving for attention, the forums is the way to go. Especially if you like to write books or essays worth of content. Someone is bound to read it and hopefully will enjoy doing so (if not, it's time to begin the purge).

[​IMG]

Let's go left.

Shout-out to the Top Donator of the Month!

[​IMG]

It's not like I don't want to vote, or to support the server in that free, guilt-free form; It's more like "Steve" as a rank is hilarious, and makes me feel good to be a Steve. Cow. Milk. Either or really (in reference to in-game rank, Minecraft skin, and username). So maybe I'll just 'Have' to vote soon so I can have access to the community farms, specifically when the resets occur, or when I lack a resource I don't have already, like Bamboo.

The community is nice. It's because they're nice that I feel so engaged and inclined to play every day. The pandemic and all this nonsense that's been going around the world, I want to find a way to escape, even just temporarily. Games nowadays are so bad, I run back to Grand Theft Auto V & Minecraft. And what other server to play than Safe Survival? I played a few farming-based economy servers, but I got bored eventually. This server isn't exactly the perfect Vanilla experience, but it runs so well, so smoothly, no block lag, and the community is so great I want to just pee on all the bad people that join. ALL DAY C:<

From spawn, you can go right instead of left, you have the info center. A great place to see the staff behind this community that work hard to bring you what this server is, and keep everything an organized, safe experience for all ages, etc. I want to shout-out everyone as well but also a reminder that you can buy stuff from this building too!

Owner
    [​IMG]

Admin
    [​IMG]

Long list of Moderators!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Assistant Moderators
    [​IMG]

Everyone is equal in my eyes regardless of rank, so I don't want to put the Admin & Owner on a throne. The staff team is one big unit. If there was anyone missing it wouldn't be a team, it just be "them".

More heads behind me though! Event planning #squad
    [​IMG]

----------------
    | Performance |
    ----------------
    Lag is very minimal on this server. Well this server nailed it.
    There's no lag. It's flipping unbelievable! Where the heck have I been?! Simply put, doesn't lag. And when it does, it's subtle, but specifically there's something ultimately causing it to happen. But that rarely happens. 99% of the time you'll have a smooth experience. No block lag.

So I opted to:
    [​IMG]
    &
    [​IMG]

And then my FOV is set to Quake Pro.

Ultimately putting my chat in a fixed box like an MMORPG would have their chatbox tucked into the bottom left of your screen (with the option to resize, etc), away from the centralized UI given by Minecraft, and that's that. On a small monitor, this is crucial. I don't ever play fullscreen because it 50-50 prevents you from alt+tabbing. Additionally, i like to have my browser open on the left half of my screen & Minecraft on the right half of the screen for when I am doing recipes, or new things like a world map on the wall of my home:
    [​IMG]

------------
    | My Home |
    ------------
    My home isn't a pirate ship on the sea. It's not a sky castle built like it was made from Creative mode. It's not a fancy, modernized home built by a creative alien, or an architect who enjoys building like the living freaks they are. It's not anything special. But the fact that I was able to make it into something I enjoy, something I can navigate, adjust, improve over time, whenever I have time to do it, is something I objectively consider a win.

When you play with someone else, you'll split tasks, etc. Or you'll do your own thing, and you come back online and your friend has this mansion. But meanwhile you're still living in a cave. I'm okay with that. Jealousy owned me back when I first started Minecraft. The era of when you found a girl on Minecraft, made her your GF, and then when she changed your home into a bunny HQ, you got so mad that it was over.

I learned my lesson.

But I like my cave. Well it's more a bunker to the entrance. But ultimately. I like it. It's been coming together nicely, I've been finding ways to expand without overextending into the open world (the surface area) specifically because a bit of the area isn't claimed yet, a bit difficult to land claim in my opinion, but it's just nice.

Here look:

Map surrounding the area (will eventually fill the wall)
    [​IMG]

Cleaned out area for a Beetroot farm
    [​IMG]

My chests
    [​IMG]

I know ground items disappear eventually, but I love this
    [​IMG]

My friends
    [​IMG]

That noob is looking down at us...
    [​IMG]

Bunker
    [​IMG]

So the verdict here is, give it a try. You can claim your land. You can have faith that no one will grief your unclaimed areas (it's against the rules to do that & staff members can check who broke/placed blocks anyway, so why would you), there's no enforcement to voting/donating, it's all up to you to do that.

The only con with the server is not having access to the community farms as a "Steve" rank. But I suppose that's to prevent people from hit & running. However, not re-planting what you took will get your right to use the community farm, revoked. So it's like a privilege. But why can't Steve use it?! Didn't you guys know Steve was here before Adam & Eve?!?!?!

There's no lag at all on the server. If there is, it's minor, and it doesn't affect the way the server runs any other day. Just a temporary thing. No block lag. Great performance, smooth enough to want to use resource packs, shaders, and optifine.

Minor plugins that run in the background like KeepInventory upon death, same with xp (unless that's included with that plugin, go figure!). And there's probably more than those but I am not sure :D.

The world is vast, but it's not ALL being occupied by people. Meaning you can still find nice mountains, nice open world greenery, water pits, middle of ocean plots, and so forth for your builds without running into anyone within a 1,000 block radius. I think most people prefer to build as close as they can to the spawn anyway. So venturing further out is a win for you.

The server overall is so pleasant, almost incredibly perfect. For a Semi-Vanilla, this should be ranked at #1. The fact there's no lag at all, puts it well above the rest. Period.
    ~ Milk

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. I'm gonna go out on a whim here and say you have some kind of journalistic background, because this read like a need to know review of a product. You nailed it. Welcome to the server!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. TimelordofLegend

TimelordofLegend Moderator Moderator

Yeah this whole review is fantastic and I think alot of new players would love to read this kind of thing when they join

4. Miruku

Miruku Villager

Hahaha you're too kind! I've read a bunch of blogs of people for many different things regarding technology, games (well more specifically free to play), longboards; the daily necessity of reviews really. And just overall the YouTube content that you see nowadays on phones and what have you. I always wanted to make a blog but I never found a niche as to something I love, or enjoy, simply put... a niche.

Just never got around it. But when it comes to talking about something I know about really well, or maybe not at all, I like to put the spin on a first look perspective, a POV, of a normal human being like yourself, and indulge you in simple dialogue that's understandable and relatable at best.

If I didn't make this post today, I would've made one eventually. I thought of doing a whole video at first, even recorded some 1080 HD footage, but then I didn't feel like editing; Rather I don't know how to edit :D.

I appreciate the kind words Lord of Time! It took me quite a long 'time' (HAHA) to make this post and the content of the edited images that I got lazy to include editing on some of them... But it was fun to write about it, equally play at the same time, and just overall putting it together was a pleasant experience that I would do again in a video demonstration if I could.

More people need to find out about this server. It's really good. It may lack a few things here & there, but the performance is something I can talk about all day. I spent, everyone else has probably done the same, a LOT of time hunting down servers; Even the top 10 servers have block lag in some shape or form; and while my ms/ping is typically 50, I still get block lag that's more "server" sided than anything, AND I HATE IT.

But this server. Man this server is one tough cookie that I could nibble throughout the day.

5. That's one mod and two texture packs.

KeepInventory is a gamerule. Pure vanilla controllable setting, no plugins involved. Not sure what you're saying about XP.

While I know of several plugins used by the server (really, it's impossible to properly manage a public server without several essential plugins), the only one that's in-your-face visible is the land claim plugin. Just try modifying someone else's claim and see what you get.

Well, thank you for your kind words, and welcome. (Even though there is, yes, noticeable lag. Sometimes.)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. doubex1

doubex1 Moderator Moderator

Mostly so Steves don't join and grief everything at the farm. Also voting creates a interest in the server, they will learn by voting you receive a few items to get you started. Hopefully in that sense they will be less likely to x-ray for diamonds when they could vote for them. Also steve ranks will be kicked during bot attacks so having restrictions like these push new actual players to vote and "secure a spot on the server".

Yes the farm is a privilege and not replanting or placing blocks not there before is technically griefing, so that looses anyone their access. Thanks for the nice words :).

7. Miruku

Miruku Villager

Understandable. I don't want to offer anymore context regarding that then because changing a system that already works so well is not something a new person like me should suggest.

I was just thinking that having the ability to prestige & going back to the "Steve" rank as a veteran would be legendary. And would show a tremendous difference between a Steve that's entirely new from a Steve that's been around for awhile.

But never mind that. I was kinda forced into voting. I was asking a player for a clock that I could use to monitor the day time/night time cycles as they're pretty fast when you're busy doing work appose to being afk on a farming-based server. And they were going to threaten to either vote for me, or have me vote for myself. So either way I was going to rank up whether on my own accord or by force :/.

Thanks for info though, and you're certainly welcome for the kind remarks.

8. Miruku

Miruku Villager

-------------------------
    | Continuing the legacy |
    -------------------------
    It's been wild. I've been basically semi active & semi inactive during my stay here. There are times where you put in so much effort to get a project started & and you want to see a good percentage of it completed before you end your session but there's only so much you can do before your fatigue levels hit their limit.

Nonetheless, thanks to meeting a new friend my home is shared with one other person whom I decided to put maximum trust on the first day of meeting with them, despite the server having set rules on griefing & so forth, trusting someone is still a heavy feet regardless. But it's been a 'so far so good' trial. I've been able to login and not see any changes apart from what I ask of them; which isn't much. Just re-planting the farms & if they take something let it not be a lot of that resource unless there's a lot to begin with (like wood) which is resource I put emphasis into farming during my early stages of joining SS.

So without further a-do I will include my updates below.

-----------
    | YouTube |
    -----------

Also, a quick warning, I may or may not promote my YouTube channel in my own post, but it's a brand new channel specifically to house my sessions on Safe Survival. There's only so much you can showcase in a forum post or you're also limited to how many pictures you can include as well; despite being able to create an album on PhotoBucket or IMGUR (two image hosting websites) with public link access; etc.

Additionally, there won't be any editing either. No music. No nothing. Just raw footage, my heavy breathing (asthma), and my voice; occasionally. You don't have to 'like', 'subscribe', or 'click on that bell'. You'll waste your time 100%. Thank you.

----------------
    | Organization |
    ----------------
    The friend I mentioned before; I wanted to find a way to communicate with them. They offered Discord almost immediately, but I was going to build a Book & Quill to jot down my updates, and leave it somewhere for them to pick & read appose to spamming signs EVERYWHERE. Surely enough, I'm glad Discord exists (lol). But now I've decided to use that item to keep myself up-to-date on my own additions & projects. A to-do list, a completed list, or just information all together to remind me of what I need to do next.

I've added more chests in my hallway near my furnaces.
    [​IMG]

I've added more, bigger farms out back w/ glass protection from falling mobs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Naturally created caves; replaced with Cobblestone & Dark Oak.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The farms themselves which include: Sugarcane, Wheat, Carrot, and Potato.
    [​IMG]

There's no symmetry or 'Art' going on here. The resource pack alters the way everything looks, so naturally from the screenshots it looks 'nice' but in reality it's probably just a dump of a home apart from the amount of blocks required to dig out this place & the numerous amount of iron tools that broke in the process.

But I take pride into everything that I do. I have a ton of ideas in store to visually spice the visuals up a little bit without altering that gorgeous, natural cave-style look of a home. The teaser will be a ton of slabs being in use, so I have a lot of grinding to do with Dark Oak + Glass.

-----------
    | Projects |
    -----------
    Eventually I want to cover up the entirety of my home into a glass-like globe. Well, it'll be a box. But I want to overall prevent mobs from coming in the from the outside (like skeletons), and additionally allow crops within the glass field to continue growing. I originally intended to cover up the whole base with 'leaves' but that stops things from growing and promotes darkness on the interior for anything below it. It was no-good.

I have some plans to work with redstone soon. Like fancy opening door contraptions & whatnot but I am not great with that at all, and I may have to consider planning it better because of how much space I may actually need to hide the mechanism in the first place.

All farms are manual labor. It's a great way to pass the time. And it's a balance between surface world labor & underworld labor. I am excited to hop into the Nether soon. But that's another day, in another talk. Perhaps there's a Redstone god among the server for hire. I get all my diamonds from voting (despite mining at given y coordinates, they are so incredibly rare, it's ridiculous), I can pay you well; just to create simple door mechanics.

---------------------
    | Discord & YouTube |
    ---------------------
    Miruku#9042
    YouTube

As I said before. My YouTube is solely to house my sessions on the server. There won't be any kind of 'content' to follow-up with, or 'building' updates, etc. If I happen to be on when there's something interesting going on, I'll capture it for the sake of creating long-lasting memories. But I don't want to make a career or seek attention through YouTube means. Additionally, commenting & rating, I believe, are disabled too (might be wrong).