Events and things for the future of players

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KingConn, Feb 1, 2021.

1. KingConn

KingConn Villager

Hello everyone

So to start with events I have increasingly noticed that there aren't many events in my time zone (GMT+2) and other players from the EU also deal with the same "problem" of not having events. Apart from the most recent Saturday which we had spleef there hasn't been an event at what I would say is a reasonable time since just before Halloween warp. Without making this too long I would suggest that events should be held in the afternoons if the events are intended to be for EU players or players who are close to that time zone and maybe there should be more event staff that are able to host these events comfortably in their own time zone. These event staff could even be temporary roles that players can add to their future staff applications whilst Jodie isn't here to host the events. I also understand that the server is hosted in America and there is no point in hosting events when there are only about 15 members online. As with the dead hours, I have noticed them becoming increasingly dead with less and less new players joining and I might be able to suggest a reason for this. After the implementation of the VPN blocker I was stopped from joining the server as a "False Positive". I know Im not the only person who has encountered this and it is probably the most common for people who are outside the region of America and in a similar time zone to me or EU players but if new players are encountering this then they dont immediately think of messaging Shaz or using the forums to get into a server they have never joined. I know the VPN blocker is important in stopping hateful bot attacks so Im not suggested it gets removed, yet... Sometime around the upcoming release of 1.17 players will need to transfer their accounts to Microsoft accounts. What does this have to do with VPN blockers and the dead hours? It means that the websites selling cheap minecraft accounts that players use to bot servers wont be able to migrate the usually stolen accounts that they sell and there will hopefully be far fewer people on accounts they don't care about botting servers unless they pay the full amount for lots of accounts. If this is the case it might be reasonable to remove the blocker in the future allowing the dead hours to be filled a little bit more.

I have bolded the important suggestions incase you dont want to read the whole thing.

KingConn

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. I agree with this because being a player in England it feels like I miss out on almost every event. It's always late, once I think there was a head hunt at 1am in England. Pretty much, EU players don't get to play any event.

3. doubex1

doubex1 Admin Admin

Player amounts vary from time to time, this "15 players" or 30 as I have seen in the last week. Varies week to week and only becomes more prevalent during this time, as many players are back in school.