Chat Channels

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by UltraDragon29, Jun 30, 2020.

Should we add Chat Channels?

1. Yes!

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Recently, I was thinking of having group meetings somewhat often with multiple people at the same time about Minecraft things and such. But then I came to the issue of people not wanting to constantly hear such things- which I can understand. So I think it would be a great addition to the server if we could have chat channels- discord would not be needed if you were ingame.

Depending on if this server is run with Spigot or Bukkit, there are several chat channel plugins (The server is semi-vanilla and changes like these can be made without effecting that).

Here's a couple simple options:
    VentureChat (Spigot): https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/venturechat.771/
    Simple Chat Channels (Bukkit): https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/simplechatchannels

I think the server would be better and more efficient with these additions, and would help lower the often spam in the public chat.

Please consider!

UltraDragon29

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amrou Kithkin

Amrou Kithkin The Dread Pirate Moderator

My opinion as a player:

While this would be a great idea for a really big server that has a lot of moderators, I think Safe is a bit too small for it.

Having additional chat channels in game would stretch the mod team a bit thin trying to monitor everything. Please remember when we are online we are watching chat, discord and the forums.

3. But my point is that a chat group would be like a pm- it wouldn't need to be watched- alike to the pms.

4. Ikith

Ikith Master

Or you could just use discord with a group chat or your own custom discord server (which is free) and accomplish the same thing as you are asking to do here.

5. I have a discord- but it would still be cool to have an ingame group chat

6. Seems a bit useless tbh. The only reason I could see them being useful is as a "no ads chat" or similar (which mods would have to moderate). You'd have to find everyone who was interested in a conversation and get them together in a channel anyway, through main chat.

7. I honestly like the idea because if I’m working on a project with friends I don’t like having to keep altering between dms. Some of them don’t have discord. So if we had like group dms i would really like that.

• Like Like x 1