Ban Clarification for ThunderHRY

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Tanthalas, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Tanthalas

Tanthalas Villager

Full In-Game Name: ThunderHRY
    Ban Reason (As shown on the ban screen): Chat Spam
    Person Who Banned You: KnasRune
    Length of Ban: 48 hours
    Appeal:

I am writing on ThunderHRY's behalf - I am his Father (ign Tanthalas42) and have also warned him about long spam messages when I have seen them. He is only 7 years old and still doesn't tolerate frustration well. I have been working with him on more constructive ways of handling emotions. For what it's worth, this is literally his first experience ever with a public chat and its etiquette.

He, of course, did not tell me about any of his official warns until it was too late, and was not aware that he could get banned after 4 warns (that is a little bit on me for not fully explaining every rule, but if he had told me he had even a single warn I would have explained the possible consequences to him). He is insisting that he only spammed chat twice, not four times (I think he probably just doesn't remember), so if you could please take the time to provide the chat logs of the spam offenses it would be helpful in illustrating the lesson to him. I understand that these things take time, but as a parent it would help if I had the examples before his ban is lifted later on Wednesday.

I really appreciate all that the staff does to keep SS a family friendly environment, and Thunder and I have had a lot of fun. I hope this will be a good lesson for him.

Regards,

Tanthalas

• Friendly Friendly x 5
  2. Hi, I'm not one of the mods so I don't have access to the server logs you're requesting, but you might find it helpful to know that the minecraft client saves all chat logs as well. The chat log is located in the %APPDATA%\.minecraft\logs folder.

upload_2021-3-1_22-18-48.png

3. RunE

RunE Moderator Moderator

Hi
    ThunderHRY was auto banned due to 4 warnings, the last of the warnings was a mistake from my side which I removed right away but I did not realize that he had been auto banned. The ban is now lifted, but he still has 3 active warnings, so the next warning will result in the auto-ban.
    Here is an example of what he was warned for:
    upload_2021-3-2_10-59-34.png

4. Tanthalas

Tanthalas Villager

Thank you very much for providing those, and for lifting the ban. I will continue working with him to hopefully prevent any further character spam.

• Friendly Friendly x 2