Ban Appeal for Pongled

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Bart Simpson, Jan 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Full In-Game Name: pongled
    Ban Reason (As shown on the ban screen): "Investment schemes are not allowed"
    Person Who Banned You: louloubel
    Length of Ban: 13 days, 23 hours, 50 minutes
    Appeal: Hello, it's me again. I understand that I have been banned before. This includes being banned for selling "Pongle Coin" (patent pending), and the second time was for just mentioning Pongle Coin in chat and saying that I have stopped manufacturing and selling it, which the words Pongle Coin caught the eyes of a mod, and thinking I was promoting it, I was unreasonably banned. You may not think that the ban should be removed or shortened because of my previous records, but please consider the following. The reason I was banned, along with Diamondman8589, was because we created an "investment machine" where players that are rich out of their minds could just pay 1 diamond block for a receipt. Players can always go back and exchange the receipt at any time for their diamond block back, and I fail to see the difference between this and other machines that use notes as player currency. We did not make any profit from this, and never planned to. We even asked a mod twice if it was legal, because it was not stated in the rules at the time, and we were given no answer. Because of this, we believed it was perfectly fine to build this machine. I get that you are trying to protect players from spending their diamonds on scams, and I am not saying this is a scam, but now, even though there is a new rule stating that player currency and investment type situations are illegal (after the fact that Diamondman8589 and I were banned), I believe that players still have a right to spend their money how they want to spend it. I see why I should have been banned, but I don't see how the ban was reasonable when I couldn't explain myself.
    Thanks for reading! -pongled (Zach)

2. SkyFlower

SkyFlower Moderator Moderator

Hi Pongled, thank you for appealing.

You claim that you believed that making an investment machine (stock market) was allowed. However, you have admitted yourself this is entirely untrue.

[22:12:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 125.47/h ago - pongled: /r What did Diamondman8589 tell you already

[22:12:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 125.46/h ago - [REMOVED]: /r he just asked me if I wanted to be a stock broker for the new ss stock market and I said I'm interested, then he told me you'll have more imformation

[22:12:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 125.46/h ago - pongled: /r alright

[22:12:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 125.44/h ago - pongled: /r we are trying to get the mods to aprove it, but we are looking for some businesses to start it up

[22:12:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 125.43/h ago - [REMOVED]: /r Explain it more to me, I could get you guys started I got ties

[22:12:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 125.40/h ago - pongled: /r we are still in the planning part, but I think we may not be able to do it

[22:12:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 125.40/h ago - [REMOVED]: /r why not?

22:12:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 125.39/h ago - pongled: /r Mods won't allow

You knew that making a stock market was not allowed and decided to build one anyway.

Additionally, you use the term "we" in your appeal. By using this term, you are claiming both you and Diamondman did not know was not allowed. However, Diamondman had specifically messaged me asking me if this was allowed and I had told him it was not.

21:29:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 124.76/h ago - Diamondman8589: /msg SkyFlower how would you feel if there was a working ss stock market

[21:29:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 124.75/h ago - SkyFlower: /r you can’t have a stock market

[21:29:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 124.75/h ago - SkyFlower: /r schaum is against them and would not work

[21:29:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 124.75/h ago - Diamondman8589: /r but what if it works and we can get it aproved

[21:29:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 124.75/h ago - SkyFlower: /r you can’t

[21:29:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 124.74/h ago - SkyFlower: /r if you sell stock you will be punished

[21:29:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] 124.74/h ago - Diamondman8589: /r ok

As you can see, both you and Diamondman have been clearly told what you were doing was not allowed. Diamondman himself also responded to my message clarifying he knew the stock market (investment scheme) was not allowed.

Finally,
    Even though, the rule was added after both of you were banned you are forgetting another important section of the rules. This being that mods have the final say whether or not a rule was broken.

While the rule specifically outlawing investment schemes may not have been officially in the rule book at the time of your ban, the staff team has told you the stock market (investment scheme) was not allowed beforehand. Therefore, because you did not stop you were failing to listen to a mod's request which as per the rules has resulted in punishment.

The staff team has decided to deny your appeal.

Thank you for understanding,
    SkyFlower

3. Hello SkyFlower, thank you for reading over my appeal and sending a response. I guess we can just agree to disagree on some things. I am sorry for the disturbance and I really don’t want to make an enemy between the staff and I. Now you may see this and think, “Wow, he’s so pathetic. He’s not even going to mention the thread of messages between [REDACTED] and him talking about how he knew this whole thing was illegal,” and you may think that you have beat me. And to be honest, all I can say is that, congratulations, you have. I hope that the staff is willing to put this behind us in the future and not create any biases based on this. I agree that the ban was fair, and I plan to wait out the rest of my term. Thank you, and please try to have a nice day!