Allow the VoiceChat Mod :D

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kelpy, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Kelpy

Kelpy Veteran

Evening everyone reading this.

I am suggesting the admittance of the VoiceChat Mod in the server.

There are many reasons as to why this mod would be a great addition on the allowed mods list. It enhances any social ambient, better player communication at a short distance, a very well improved interaction between players in events, where you can't really stop to type, amongst others.

Sure, we do have voice chats, but thinking of it as real life, would be comparable to not being able to speak unless you're doing so through a radio, that everyone has the frequency for, and it's impractical for stuff such as just calling out someone, while being too lazy to type, etc...

I've personally used the VoiceChat mod before on other servers, and it's 100% client side, and doesn't alter much, except making interaction between players much, much easier. It's really good, and you can even toggle deafen on/off, so you don't have to have it on all the time. There's a proximity feature so only players within a radius can listen to you, amongst other stuff.

Personally i see no reason not to add this mod into the server, and you can see it in action in a bunch of hermitcraft videos, too, if you want to see how it works. It's great.

P.S - I think that is the mod link, i might be wrong since there are alot of variations for it.

~Kelp

• Like Like x 1
  2. I feel like this would take away from the Semi Vanilla thing we got going on, Considering that this server isn't a modded server I don't think it will be added. But it is a cool suggestion though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kelpy

Kelpy Veteran

Don't think it would since it *really* doesn't add anything physical whatsoever and it's just a quality of live improvement.

• Like Like x 1
  4. This would be nice for those who either aren't old enough for Discord or just prefer not to use Discord. I don't know how this would change the server's status as Semi-Vanilla, so it might not work.

5. Amrou Kithkin

Amrou Kithkin The Dread Pirate

More things for mods to moderate, as an ex mod adding this would be spreading staff thin imo.

6. As fun as it looks, from what I have seen of it, I can see where things could go REALY wrong with it (non-PG stuff/bullying etc.) I think its is best used with smaller servers/groups of friends playing together.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. what i meant by "I feel like this would take away from the semi vanilla" is that adding too many things will take away from Semi Vanilla

8. I'll second what Boo said, the idea seems neat, but it has so much room for people to exploit it for the wrong reason.

9. I agree. It does make more sense on a smaller server. We don't have enough mods to moderate that kind of thing, especially during dead hours.

10. Kelpy

Kelpy Veteran

That's a good point. Alright