add essentials rgb support for chat, nicks and signs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kanna, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Kanna

Kanna Veteran

title ^

essentials.chat.rgb
    essentials.nick.rgb
    essentials.signs.rgb

allows people to use hex colours i.e. &#ff007fHello

ty

2. Amrou Kithkin

Amrou Kithkin The Dread Pirate Moderator

As a Mod: The only issue I see is that we have players who ask for one thing, don't like it then ask to try something else and this goes on for 10 minutes with the current colors. If you are the only mod online this will prevent you from helping others in a timely manner.

As a player: This would be cool.

3. I didn't even know this existed and now I need it.

4. Kanna

Kanna Veteran

I had no idea staff still did nicknames! I just thought it was maybe the odd correction because of the cooldown, but yeah if you do I could see that being a nightmare.

maybe I can also advocate for a reduced/removed cooldown of /nick while im here! It seems like a very self-inflicted problem to have lol.

“/nick is not worth having if it does not include no cooldown to correct mistakes.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi (totally un-altered by kanna)

5. I mean players could easily pop into a word processor and try out different colour combos until they found one they liked.

6. Amrou Kithkin

Amrou Kithkin The Dread Pirate Moderator

In the past it was bad, now that you guys can do it yourselves its better, but we still get the lets try a different color when fixing a nick sometimes.

7. I always just message myself different nicks and colored messages I’m testing.

8. Kanna

Kanna Veteran

not all of us have wasted $100+ for that privilege

edit: I dont mean wasted as in the 'donation', but more the 'reward'

9. BladeWave

BladeWave inFAMOUS Admin

The permission's been added, and people are already having fun with all the new color combos. Enjoy!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Very harsh words, but not very applicable as of my $300+ in ranks I can count the amount of dollars I’ve spent myself on one hand.

moving on to the point though, I haven’t played in a while as forgot that colors are epic+, so forgive me for being imperfect.