2019's Event Staff Application

Discussion in 'Event Staff Apps' started by 2019, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Name: 2019
    Time Zone: Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)

Are there any specific ways you'd like to help?

By helping with hosting current events and also with the creation of new events by helping with building, hosting and assisting players with questions regarding the events.

What regarding events do you think could be improved upon?
    I believe all the current events don't need any approvement since they are different in their own ways. Some players may not like spleef because they might not be good at it but enjoy headhunt. I think with the recent implementation of obsticacle course and the treasure/headhunt arena it changes things up. Rather then the constant spleef and headhunt each week, that can get stale.

I do think however the times when events start do need improving, it would be good to have a set time but plans could change for whoever is hosting. Or if there was a time it could start within, lets say Spleef Saturday (1pm-5pm) as an exmaple.

I use to play spleef alot but I can't anymore because the time it starts can be anywhere between 1am-9am for me and some nights I would stay up till 6am and it never got hosted until 8 and there was no way of me knowing, even asking event staff they wouldn't tell you. Overall it just made it hard to join in and play, and I'm probably not the only player that is having that kind of issue

I also think the notification of when a event is starting should longer rather then 10 minutes. Because people who aren't online need to boot up there computer and let everything load and that can take a bit.

Do you have any ideas for a game/event?
    An idea that I would love to make for a game event is a giant track for boats to race on, would be a big track that takes 2 or minutes to do one lap. I think it would be fun for other players to race each other to the finish line for first place.

Another idea is a big wither fight. a few months ago I hosted a 30 wither boss fight. It was super fun and alot of players enjoyed it, however their was alot of lag but I think it would be redone if only 5 or so withers were spawned at a time. If you would like to check it out, here is a video made by Sstari.

There is also other ideas such as elytra flying through hoops, parkour and more build competitions themes and even other stuff with themes, like holiday or awareness events.

Are you interested in helping with redstone or command blocks?
    Yes I am interested. I am good at redstone, I wouldn't say god tier expert but I know how to do redstone things. I don't know much about command blocks but I know how to create items with mcstacker. I'm happy to learn other stuff loot tables, data packs ect if needed or help taught.

Would you be interested in helping with the creation of warps/events?
    Yes I am interested and happy too. I'm always avaiable too for assistant to help build or test bugs out. I use to test and report bugs to lefik about events if I found anything wrong with it and still do with current events.

Example of builds:
    123.jpg
    2020-04-19_00.40.38.jpg