Ban Appeal for FangletYT

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by SunSeek, Nov 3, 2019.

1. SunSeek

SunSeek Recruit

(This is not me, just posting it for FangletYT as they can't get the confirmation email to get their forums account working nor able to respond on discord.)

Full In-Game Name: FangletYT
    Ban Reason (As shown on the ban screen): Inappropriate interactions with a staff
    Person Who Banned You: Louloubel
    Length of Ban: Permanently
    Appeal: I made a joke early in the day that was somewhat inappropriate. I thought nothing of it at the time as nothing happened when it was said it pm's. Several hours later, maybe two or three, I got banned? I was unsure why until I got unbanned to talk to Lou about it. Thankfully, Kale messaged me about it and we discussed it. I admit, the joke was inappropriate and it was my fault for not checking with said person before saying it. I just assumed because they were a moderator they would be of age for that joke to be somewhat acceptable and funny instead of it turning into, well, this. I said the joke to other uh, people, (not saying names as it was a joke, not a call for trouble), and they found it hilarious.

If I was given another chance I would ensure the players I am talking to are comfortable with similar jokes if I ever make them again, which I probably won't, it's easier that way. I'm sorry to (removed name for privacy) for saying it I just don't see how a permanent ban is fair. I had no previous offenses, I had not been in trouble for anything at all prior to this and now I am suddenly banned. I have read the rules and the only rule I could have broken is number two. You could perhaps justify 'He didn't respect me enough as a player to ask me if I was okay with this' but that doesn't warrant a permanent ban with no previous offenses. I love the server I just believe this case was handled unprofessionally and unfairly.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Fanglet,
    Thank you for taking the time to appeal. The staff team discussed your ban appeal and we've decided the ban will stay. Messaging an underage person sexually explicit messages is NOT acceptable, especially if you don't know them. We understand that you think the ban is unfair due to it being a ‘joke’. However, what you sent was just vile, and we do not take lightly to those sort of matters. So as I said before, your ban will remain, thank you for reading.

Lou

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. SunSeek

SunSeek Recruit

(This is not me, just posting it for FangletYT as they can't get the confirmation email to get their forums account working nor able to respond on SS discord server.)

I had no intention of making sexual implications when I said what I did, it was meant to be one of those stupid jokes that are only slightly funny because they are stupid. Another player got banned for a week and he personally attacked Lefik, safesurvival.net/threads/lefik-im-sorry.2393/ Also, not to point out, you are blowing this up into a big sexual thing however, there is an NSFW channel in which you moderate with proper sexual content, whereas this was intended to be a funny-because-dumb kind of joke. Would I please be able to get screenshots of what I said, either via here or pm to my discord. I need to see exactly what I said because I believe that has been blown up for no apparent reason and I want the other mods to see what I said specifically. It was an innocent stupid joke, sure, you could perhaps justify it as sexual but even then, how is it vile and permanently bannable?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ikith

Ikith Master

Underage staff do not have access to the NSFW to moderate it or otherwise just as underage players do not have access to the channel, therefore that arguement of "its okay to message underage staff sexually explicit things because they moderate the NSFW channel" is entirely invalid, false, and honestly the assumption that staff would allow underage moderators to moderate that channel is frankly absurd.

Furthermore, even if Lou did moderate said channel its STILL not okay for you to be messaging someone sexually explicit content without asking them if it is okay to do so. Again making your argument invalid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1